LINSEED OIL FINISH
The simple fast way to a hand rubbed oil finish
$3.99 PDF format, 76 pages, 103 color photos
At last! A practical guide for the amateur who wants to replicate the classic London hand rubbed oil finish, with a modern twist. This book is a step by step fully illustrated guide on how to achieve this uniquely beautiful finish. But it is not all traditional, the book also shows how to use modern varnishes to build a moisture barrier deep in the wood, something that was missing from the traditional method. This is a unique DIY book for the amateur who wants to finish gun stocks, musical instruments, knife grips, sculptures and more.
In simple, clear instructions and dozens of color photos see how to:
- -assess wood before finishing
- -prepare the stock for linseed oil
- -seal the wood against moisture
- -use egg white as a filler
- -how to apply linseed oil for fast and reliable drying.
- -make your own buffing compound
- -make your own bees wax paste
- Also, get practical, useful info, for virtually cost free renovation of old and tired finishes.
- See how to upgrade, quickly and easily, the matt factory stock to hand rubbed oil fiish, adding prestige and value to factory stocks.
- This book will return its cost many times over.
CONTENTS and some sample pages:
1. THE ALLURE OF THE OIL FINISHED STOCK
2. MYTHS, LEGENDS AND REAL SECRETS
- debunks the so called trade secrets and shows how linseed oil works and how to exploit its natural properties
3. WOOD- THE STARTING POINT
- assess the wood before starting, avoid pitfalls like veneers and risking the value of antiques. Explains the difference in finishing new wood and refinishing old stocks
4. TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- what is really needed to get outstanding results
5. THE NEW STOCK
- tackling a new totally unfinished stock
6. STRIPPING, CLEANING, DENT RAISING
- see how to strip, how to raise dents using simple tools
- using modern varnish to build a deep moisture barrier in the wood
- simple home made, non toxic, coloring agents
9. EGG WHITE- THE ORGANIC OLD TIME FILLER
- the traditional wood filler, used by the great masters of painting and furniture makers of the past to fill the pores in wood
10. POLISHING IS VITAL
- the foundation of wood finishing shown in detail
11. APPLYING LINSEED OIL
- how to apply the oil is important, and here you see the true hand rubbed way
12. THE FINAL BUFFING
- make your own buffing compound to give your stocks a brilliant surface
13. WAXING WITH NATURAL BEESWAX
- make your own wax paste to protect and enhance wood surfaces
14. UPGRADING THE FACTORY FINISH
- a simple and fast way to upgrade the factory matt fiish to a full linseed oil fiish
15. RENOVATING AN OLD FINISH
- an old and tired stock can be revived to almost new brilliance
16. THE PROCESS FROM START TO FINISH
- step by step photo presentation starting from bare wood to a fully finished hand rubbed stock
LINSEED OIL FINISH
The fast simple way to a hand rubbed finish
ONLY $3.99 in PDF format. PDF is the only e-book format that can reliably support publications with lots of images. Adobe Reader, needed to read PDF documents, can be obtained free from www.adobe.com
We do not send unsolicited emails. We do not maintain an emailing list.
If you want to ask a question you can use the contact page. No need to register or give personal data. If you have purchased the book you get a response via personal email. Questions from non buying visitors will be edited, bundled together, and answered on site.
CONTACT - Questions, comments, rants: email@example.com